Thursday, May 09, 2013

Graduations, Awards and Rewards

I'm so proud of some of my young friends who are graduating in the next few months.  My beautiful great neice Amelia (pictured below) is graduating at the top of her senior class at the ripe old age of 16 -- yes, 16.  We are so proud of her.  She has been accepted to several universities -- two in Atlanta
so we are hoping to see more of her.  She'll be majoring in bio medical engineering.

My friend Christopher will be graduating from med school, and my friend Josh has decided to go for his PhD.  I'm proud of everyone but as I write this I think that it also makes me feel old!

Today I had the privilege of going to a breakfast put on by the Grady College of Journalism at UGA.  A friend of mine received a "Lifetime Achievement" award.  While there I was re-acquainted with many people that I have worked with on various projects throughout the years.  Two of them told me they read my blog and I was amazed -- but thank you both for telling me that you do click on here occasionally and keep up with my upside down world. It was nice to see everyone and congrats to my friend who certainly deserved it.


No comments: