Friday, October 05, 2012

Arizona

For the past four days I've been in Arizona.  Yep, one more thing to check off the bucket list.  Earlier this week I went to see the Grand Canyon.  I can't describe it, pictures don't do it justice. I was overwhelmed by the size of it.  A mere person seems so insignificant when you see such a "wonder of the world". 

Now I am in Sedona -- home of the Red Rocks.  I didn't quite expect this -- I expected this type of view in Colorado, not Arizona.  I also have always wanted to go to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorada -- a natural amphitheatre made of the beautiful Red Rock.  I've just had a few hours to look at Sedona but expect to do much more today.

Then, tomorow, I am catching up with an old childhood friend.  We went to elementary school and high school together.  A few years ago we caught up with each other on Facebook and have been staying in touch ever since.  She lives right outside of Phoenix and tomorrow we will be together for the first time in close to 40 years.  I'm anxious to see her.  Some friendships never die.....they just stay dormant for awhile and then will erupt when we make it possible.  Why don't you take a few minutes and reconnect with someone -- whether it be over the phone, through the internet or by a hand written note -- isn't that a novel idea these days?

No comments: