Monday, July 02, 2012

I'm pretty pathetic

I have to laugh at myself sometimes. I "tried" to go fishing last week. I think I have mentioned here that I wanted to go fishing as I used to fish with my dad years and years ago. So, I wanted to do it again -- I guess in his honor -- I don't know. My son bought me a new rod and reel for Mother's Day so I was all excited to give it a go. My husband loathes fishing so I was all set to do this by myself. Well, I am not going to go into the gory details, let me just say that it was pretty much a disaster. First of all, I don't have a boat. So, I called around to several area state parks and were told they had fishing boats to rent. After finally getting all my gear ready I trekked off to the lake. The john boat I was renting was extremely heavy, the boat did not have oar locks on it so how is one person suppose to paddle a john boat? Of course, there was no anchor and it just kept getting worse. Like I said I am not going to go into all the gory details, other than to say I'm going to try to again -- but with a new strategy. I will prevail over this....one way or another. Or I'll find someone to take pity on me and actually take me with them!!! But I will conquer it!

4 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Love it! Did you fall overboard or what! Best to you next time. I believe you will do this and enjoy it!

Hugs,
Carol

Elderlink said...

Good for you, and keep trying....

Anonymous said...

I love fishing also but because I now have siatic in my hip and left leg. I cannot get in or out of a row boat.Even if people halp me. As I have not much feeling to lift the leg.

Last year I tried myself and I missed the dock to get up on it with one foot from the shore to get to the row boat. I fell in backwards. My hubby tried to catch me but when your so called airborned backwards. Knowone can catch me unless they are Spider man. I used to be a avid fisherlady. I even catch my own worms and I put therm on the lhook and take the fish off. I hope you had your life jacket on fishing. What I seen on the news yesterday. Someone fishing caught a shark. Yikes. So if you fell in. I dont know what is best. To have the jacket ot swim for your life.

Carol

my parents alzheimers said...

Love your spirit, keep trying.