Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. Thanks to all that have served our country!

I was watching more tennis over the weekend and did a little better with keeping up with things. A UGA woman won the national singles championship so we were happy about that.

I actually went out and hit the tennis ball with my husband last week. I haven't been playing because of my balance issues, but after watching so much I wanted to get out and hit some. We weren't able to actually play a game, but I did o.k. considering my limitations. It was nice to "feel" like I was actually playing again -- I miss it a lot.

On another note, I received notice about a new clinical study that is getting started. It is actually a continuation of one that has just completed. But, due to some extra grants, this study is going to go further. It's intent is to try to help determine changes in the brain early -- to help diagnose Alzheimer's earlier in patients. I'm going to post a link for more information. In Georgia, Emory University is a site for this trial, but according to the website they are not recruiting volunteers yet. But, there is information on this link for you to get in touch with them (and any other areas where the trial is being run). http://adcs.org/Studies/ImagineADNI.aspx or you can call the Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center (ADEAR) at 1-800-438-4380. As always, I'm not endorsing this study, I'm just passing it along to those that might be interested. They are not only looking for people with early memory loss but healthy volunteers as well.

1 comment:

New York Times said...

It is amazing to recognize that when one is used to perform daily routines and unable to perform as it affects you, so it is important to have a thorough check to thereby determine with certainty the difficulties that the body can have.