Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mind and Body

I try to go to the gym on a pretty regular basis but I don't push myself. I do a lot of things, but I honestly could do better. So, I decided to "jump start" things by signing up for "boot camp". Three days a week for an hour, being drilled -- and yes drilled is the best way to put it. I have been wanting to do this for awhile and each time I was going to sign up my husband talked me out of it. This time, I wasn't going to have that happen. Instead, he decided to do it with me. I think he was feeling guilty that he wasn't doing something "healthy" as well, so he decided to join me. Well, that was probably a mistake. Of course, he is a lot older than most of the people there and it is grueling. I'm not sure if he'll make it for the whole month -- he says it is harder than army boot camp -- which I cannot imagine. I think that it has been so long since he did that he has forgotten. Anyway, it is getting better for me, not so much for him. Today is was pouring down rain and we were outside doing our thing -- that's dedication don't you think? We'll see if it really helps me motivate myself to work harder in the gym. I figure I can't do much for my mind, so I might as well do someting for my body!

We are going to visit Alan and Jennifer in Washington DC this weekend. We are driving and I told my husband that we need to stop to take exercise breaks so we won't be so out of it when we return to boot camp next week. He didn't seem to like that idea.

No comments: