Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I know I have been bad about updating this blog. So sorry! I'm off to Atlanta today and then again on Thursday and Friday for some Alzheimer's events.

I've still been going to boot camp. My husband dropped out after two times. That only leaves four of us left. I won't kid you by saying it is easy. I'm sore all the time! I have one and half weeks left and hopefully by the time it is over I won't feel as bad.

Happy birthday to my son today. 25 years old. That makes me feel old, but by the same token if you had asked me five years ago if I would still be able to know it was his birthday I probably would have said no. I'm happy about that.

Our trip to Washington was fun. We didn't do a whole lot, but we did get back down to the Newseum which has become one of my favorite places to go. It is a museum about the News and is relatively new. George Stephanopalus does his ABC Sunday show from there each week, and we went down on Sunday morning to see if he was there. We got to see him, Cokie Roberts, George Will and Paul Krugman. The next day Paul Krugman won the Nobel prize for economics. Pretty neat, huh? We got there just as they were finishing their taping so they were walking out of the studio. They were all kind enough to say hello.

Well I need to work on my remarks for today's Alzheimer's event. I promise to try to do better about updating this blog.

No comments: