Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the Go

I'm off to Atlanta in a few hours for a meeting there. And, next week I have meetings in Atlanta and Chicago so I will be gone most of the week. The week after that is THE wedding. Then I will probably collapse and rest for a few weeks!

A lot of events have taken place this summer with graduations and weddings. I haven't had much time to reflect on them, but as I do think about them, I wonder when those events will be a long lost memory for me. It's kind of weird to think of it like that, but what will I remember in the years to come of those events? It's anyone's guess I suppose. The words "living in the moment" seem appropriate at times like this. These events will be memories for some, but most likely not for me. Enjoy the time you have with loved ones!

I noticed on the traffic on this site that I have had a few people in the armed forces looking at my blog. My friend Josh is now serving "over there" and I hope it is he that is reading. If it is, we miss you a lot Josh and our prayers are with you to remain safe. That goes for everyone "over there" not just Josh.

Won't have much time to write until I return from Chicago next week. Alan takes the bar next week so everyone cross your fingers for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this out there.

Unknown said...

Just recently found out about your blog, and just looked at it tonight for the first time. My mother has been diagnosed with AD (she's 86) and in complete denial, and somewhat so is my father (84), i think he keeps hoping this is a "phase" she's going through. At any rate, i can't tell you how much i admire you, you to me, are an amazing person! REALLY AMAZING. And i'm sure you inspire your son...hope the bar went well. h