Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Always By My Side

is the name of the book that sportscaster Jim Nantz just wrote about his father who suffers from Alzheimer's. I have been a big fan of Mr. Nantz's for a long time. So, I was very interested in his book. It talks about the special relationship he has with his dad, and how the sports career that he has had has influenced his life. It is an easy read and I really enjoyed the book. If you are not a sports fan, though, I am not sure you would enjoy it as much. Since I'm kind of a sports junkie I could relate to many of the stories he told because I remember them and I've kept up with lots of the players in the book over the years. His relationship with his father, and other people, like former President Bush (#41) is very interesting to read about. The struggles they have faced with Alzheimer's in the Nantz family are no different than the ones faced by you and I, but he puts a different spin on it. I would certainly recommend the book.

It has been extremely hot here (as it has in other parts of the nation). I got a little dehydrated over the weekend so it has taken me a few days to recover. I'm suppose to be playing golf tomorrow but it is only suppose to be in the low 90's -- as compared to over 100 degree temperatures for several days here this past weekend.

Things are kind of quiet around our household these days. That's good -- it is the calm before the storm I know but it is still good. T-Minus 61 days until Alan and Jennifer's wedding.

No comments: