Friday, April 11, 2008

The Week In Review

This has been a weird week for me. I've been unusually depressed about a lot of thins -- and of course--those are things that are out of my control. I know I shouldn't worry about them because there is nothing I can do, but I do. And, more so now than before. I try to rationalize it instead of feeling trapped by these things, but I can't. It's harder for me to process my feelings and that is frustrating in itself. Several specific things came up this week that really made me sad and helpless --that I couldn't do something to make it right. But, I can't and know one can. Life is like that sometimes.

I've also been extremely tired. I haven't been sleeping well and I think it might have all caught up with me. Therefore, I too, am not thinking as straight as I should be.

My husband and I are doing an interview tomorrow with a UGA student who is doing a project on demintia. Her grandfather passed away with Alzheimer's and she is a media student at UGA. She has a magazine article to write and she also needs to do a video project. So she and her "crew" will be here tomorrow to do that and then it is rest for the weekend.

We are volunteering to work at a golf tournament that is in town next week. It will be our third year in doing this. This year, I can't do as much as I used to. It is too much for me but a couple of days I can handle. I feel bad not working every day, but I learned my lesson last year that I have to be better to myself and pace myself.

In three weeks we make the trek to California for Alan's graduation. I'm looking forward to seeing he and Jennifer since it has been Christmas since we saw them last.

It's taken me forever to write this as I have had to back and look at the grammar over and over. I'm sure I have missed a few things, but hopefully you can read it. More after I have some rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for popping by my blog & encouraging me. I hope that you can get some rest. Happy anniversary to you too! Thanks for describing how difficult it is for you to process your thoughts -- it really helps me to understand. ((( hugs ))) D

Anonymous said...

I think talking to others about your experiences can go a long way. There is a new online community that has forums about Alzheimer's and Dementia as well as several other valuable topics about elder care. It's free to join and you can talk to your peers and professionals. Visit the online elder care community called A Place for Mom's Family .