Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Facebook

Many of you are probably aware of Facebook on the internet. For some odd reason, several months ago I decided to see what it was all about. I've known about it for a long time and my son knows some people that work there in California, but I haven't really been able to wrap my arm around the whole concept. I understand it, but I guess I'm not very good at maneuvering it -- I don't do well learning new things!!!

One of the aspects is that you can have friends and you have to invite them to be your friend or vice versa. I don't have many friends on Facebook! I feel like the kid who never got picked in gym class! Now granted, people my age don't usually use facebook so they wouldn't be on the system to be my friend. I've asked a few people to be my friend and they haven't responded. And some people, I want to ask to be my friends, but I'm afraid they will say no!!! How is that for rejection -- by cyberspace! I'm still working on it. I am surrprised though by some that are on facebook and I would have never thought they would understand how to even log on -- at least I can do that. I'm going to keep working on it. My facebook profile is at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501222249

We are off to Nashville tomorrow to go to the SEC tournament for women's basketball. My husband is going and that helps me a lot. Of course, I have my earplugs handy to handle the crowd noise!

Next week I'm off to Albany Georgia for an Alzheimer's speaking engagement. I'm looking forward to it -- I spoke to this group several years ago and they were a great audience and a large one at that. I think back about how my speaking engagements have changed over the years with my message. It's amazing all the I have learned and can hopefully share with others. My friend Carol is going with me to be my traveling companion and I'm looking forward to spending time with her.

I had one crown put on last week and it looks likes that might be it and I won't have to have the other one. That's good for me as well as my wallet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,

I just read your story via the Alzheimer's newsletter. I was so touched and inspired by your journey. My mom was diagnosed with early onset in her early fifties. Like you, with no family history, we had no idea what was happening to her. I commend you for sharing your story. Thank you for helping to raise awareness, and find an end to this devastating disease.
Very best wishes to you and your family.
Kate Dyer-Seeley
BTW I'm sure you'll have a slew of friends on Facebook!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris!
My name is Lisa and I'm 38 years old. I live in CT. You are so brave for sharing your story with everyone. My grandmother has Alzheimer's. I love your outlook on life. I would love to add you to my friend list on Facebook. I just set an account up the other day. My daughter has to help with with it becuase I'm not totally sure how it works. I tried to find you, but could not. What network are you in?
Take Care!!