Friday, January 11, 2008

PBS

Last night on The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, there saw about a 12 minute segment on Early Stage Alzheimer's Disease. I'm proud to say that five of my colleagues from the Early Stage Advisory Group that I serve on from the National Office of the Alzheimer's Assn. were featured. Two of them, Rich and Jay, held an early memory loss forum last year in LA and this piece was done at that time. Please take a minute to watch it -- they did a great job and you can see what type of people they are. Here is a link http://www.pbs.org/newshour/video/module.html?mod=0&pkg=10012008&seg=4

If you like what you saw and can take a few minutes to send PBS an email, please do. Thank them for their support and their time for running this segment. The email address is onlineda@newshour.org

1 comment:

darryl-w said...

my letter to PBS

Thanks for your support and in running your segment about Alzheimer’s.

After viewing your PBS program, I am proud to say I am an associate of the group you interviewed. As you now know, they are all still very dynamic people. I am the only African American on the Alzheimer's Association Earl Stage Advisor Panel and a baby boomer. I would have been at the LA forum except for a schedule conflict, the University of Wisconsin Homecoming football game. I truly regret missing the panel. The UW did win the football game.

I am looking forward to our next panel meeting in Washing D.C. in mid March 2008.

Darryl White