Monday, August 20, 2007

The heat is still here -- and it looks like it will be for a few more weeks. It can't leave too soon as far as I 'm concerned!

This weekend we had a house full for dinner. Alan and his fiancee and her parents along with three other couples came for dinner. We got a little more information about what Jennifer was thinking about their wedding. Which, I was glad to hear, fit into the same lines as I was thinking. But the date still remains unset. The reason for that is that my son is waiting to hear if he is going to get a federal clerkship when he graduates from Law School next May. That determines a lot of things for them and he will know by the end of September. So we don't have much longer to wait. The law firm he was working for in Washington DC has offered him a job when he gets out and we are hoping the firm in Atlanta will do the same. At least he has some options.

At the end of this week we venture to Chicago for my first meeting with the Early Advocacy committee. I'm looking forward to it and getting away even if it is only for a few days.

I'm tired after the busy weekend so I need to rest up before this weekend.

No comments: