Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Weekend


I just got back from Knoxville TN where a man I admire greatly was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame -- UGA Women's basketball coach Andy Landers. It was quite an honor for a man who certainly deserved it. I went up with friends and there were two days of activities planned around the induction ceremony which culminated in a black tie event on Saturday night. Andy is shown above receiving his award. The UGA Athletic Department surprised Andy with a reception with his current team, old players and assistants and about 50 booster club members in attendance. I was glad to be a part of the weekend and to help honor a true leader and great friend.

But, it was a tough weekend for me. Lots of people in small areas, lots of panic attacks or near panic attacks. I'm grateful I had friends that helped to look out after me, because I certainly needed it.

This week we head off to Washington DC to see our son. After that, my traveling is about over for the summer which is probably a good thing.

No comments: