Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I think I have finally rested up from a busy week last week. My husband and I volunteered at a pro golf tournament held locally. It was about as much as I could do -- it was rather exhausting -- but it makes me feel useful!

My son is finishing up his second year at law school at Stanford this week. Next Monday he starts a new job at a law firm in Washington DC. I'm just glad that he is going to be in the same time zone as we are for a change! It's an exciting time for him. I miss him alot. I was thinking that this is the longest time I have been without seeing him and I still have six weeks to go before we make a visit to Washington DC. I know, though, that I am lucky that at least I do get to see him as often as I do. I know there are many parents that have children that live much farther away and don't get to see them.

Many of you have asked how the wedding plans are coming for Alan and Jennifer. Don't know much as I'm not sure that they have made many decisions. Hopefully more details will be coming soon.

It is suppose to be 92 degrees here in Athens today. That is just too hot already for just the first of May. I hope this is not indicative of the summer to come.

1 comment:

elride said...

WOW!! I just wanted to thank you. I have just finished reading your blog starting in 12/2003. You are an amazing lady and I truly admire you. I have been my mothers 24/7 caregiver for about 2 1/2 years and you have helped me understand a lot of what she has gone through. Unlike you, she was diagnosed at age 78 she is now 83. She still denies that there is anything wrong with her. She was a college professor, PhD in language, but she often says "I can't say what I mean or mean what I say". It breaks my heart to see her struggling to finds the right words or to get so confused watching Little House on the Prairie. She is healthy as a horse but her mind is not so good. She does have a problem with her balance so she uses a walker at home and depends on me every where else. This is such a sad disease and I pray that there will soon be a cure or at least some kind of treatment. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Emma