Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's official

my son and his girlfriend of almost five years got officially engaged last week. They went to Hawaii for Alan's spring break and he finally popped the question. Details to follow, but now I'll have another female in the family. Have two brothers, my husband having two brothers and me having a son -- it will be nice to have a female as part of our family.....welcome Jennifer Lee.

And, even though this is being written on April Fool's Day -- it is not a joke.

The pollen in the south has been horrendous. The yellow green color that it leaves everywhere literally can take your breath away. We are suppose to have rain today and that will certainly help.

This week I had a test done at a local hospital on my left leg. The leg has been swelling and at first there was reason to believe that I had a blood clot in my leg. But after tests for that it was determined that was not the cause. Now the doctors believe that the problem lies in my lymph system. Anyway, I went to the hospital to have this test done -- I don't remember the name of it -- but it entailed having some fluid injected into my feet and then they watched the fluid stream through my body. It doesn't sound so bad, but the shots were given between my toes on each foot!!! Sounds awful.....it was awful. I have had several cortisone shots for various things over the years and it was very close to that -- which caused me excruitating pain. And, it also topped right up there with getting two spinal taps during my diagnosis for Alzheimer's. What fun I have had. Results will be in next week on my leg. It's not life threatening -- just a nuisance more than anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,

It sounds like you have a lot going on! Congratulations on your son's engagement.

Hope the problems in your leg resolve quickly!