Sunday, February 11, 2007

Emotions

I know I have said this before, but I tend to be a lot more emotional than I have ever been. This past week, a very close friend shared some horrific news about something that is going on with her family. I won't go into details, but it has affected me greatly. I can't sleep, I think about it constantly and want to cry at the drop of a hat. I don't know if this is good or bad but I know that five years ago I probably wouldn't have reacted this way. The news still would have been bad, but I'm not sure I would have nightmares over it. I'm glad my friend could confide in me and I wish there was something I could do to help, but there isn't.

Again -- it puts other things in perspective. Life just isn't fair.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

It's times like this when I turn to the Serenity Prayer: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." When there is nothing I can do to help, my only recourse is to accept what I can't change and put the situation into God's hands. Knowing the people I love are in good hands allows me to let go of my pain for them and take good care of myself. I hope that will still be possible when I've developed AD.