Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home but tired


We made it home from California last night. It was a short trip but it was nice to visit Alan and his girlfriend Jennifer. I don't travel as well as I used to but I have this week to rest up. We had great weather while we there.

One day we went into San Francisco and it was a holdiay -- Veteran's day -- so there were many more people in the crowded shopping area and park we were at than normally would be for that particular day. The schools were out so there were lots of kids in the shopping mall areas. We went to a new place in town that just opened up and it is an entertainment/shopping district that had an ice skating rink. You all know how I like to ice skate! But, there were way too many kids on the rink for me to feel comfortable -- if it had been an average day I would have been out there in no time flat. But, it wasn't to be. I don't usually miss an opportunity to ice skate. Being in large crowds is hard for me and I need to be sure that I stay close to whoever is with me. Panic attacks usually hit me in these types of situations, but I got away with not having one. I was glad to get back to the hotel though that night.

More soon after I have rested. The photo at top is of us at a winery in Napa Valley. Alan's girlfriend, Jennifer Lee is in the photo with us.

No comments: