Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

I hope everyone got to rest up a little on this holiday. Our day was filled. CNN came to do an interview with my husband and me for their "Healthy Minute" segment. It stems from the National Conference that I have been working on for the National Alzheimer's Association. The conference is next week in Atlanta and many professionals in the field of Alzheimer's will be there to share their work, their research and their experiences. CNN will be talking with some of the doctors there as well. Early On-Set Alzheirmer's caught their eye and that is what the piece will be about. Judy Fortin is the reporter. I'll let you know when it airs and I would encourage everyone to email them after it is over to support their exposure to the disease. We need more of this!

Tomorrow I am heading over to Atlanta to shoot some Public Service Announcements for this year's memory walk. The walks are starting all over the country this month and will go through November. I know I have discussed them here before, but, if you are reading this, you have some interest in Alzheimer's. I'd like to encourage you to walk or donate to the cause. More information can be found by clicking on one of the references to the left of this post. OK -- I'm done with all of that for now.

I think I have rested since the trip, but already with things going on this week it is overwhelming. The conference is next week and then perhaps I'll be able to get back to my routine. My panic attacks continue to be bad -- but I have put myself in situations that make them worse. Fortunately, I've had someone with me most of the time, and it doesn't seem to be as frightening when someone is there. I have to be better about not getting myself into these situations.

My son starts his second year of law school tomorrow. In about 4.5 months he'll be able to say he's half through! He was fortunate to make the Stanford Law Review so he will be kept busy by that this year as well as his school work.

On another note -- I recently read an article on Michael J. Fox and his struggles with Parkinson's Disease. I have read many, but this one was especially poignant to me. I so admire what he is doing and speaking out on behalf of himself and others with the disease. He has been able to reach so many people with his message and raise quite a bit of money for his cause. I certanily wish him well as his Parkinson's progresses.

No comments: