Wednesday, July 26, 2006

New blogs

As I get to know more and more people with Alzheimer's I find there are more and more blogs cropping up out there. I'm glad that is the case -- those of us that can speak about the disease need to. The latest one I found was a gentleman named Don Hayen. His blog can be found here http://thetripover.com. I've asked my son to put a link to it on this page so you can refer to it later if you would like. Don was recently diagnosed and shares some of his trials and tribulations. I've noticed that since he is just starting this blog that some of his observations are the same as mine have been -- he's just putting it into different words. And, the longer I write this I realized that you always don't want to hear about my problems with Alzheimer's -- I don't like tothink of them myself sometimes. So, I haven't been speaking of them as much as of late. But I'll get back there -- I need to -- because so much more needs to be said.

In reading Don's blog though, I find it interesting at some of the comments. One lady wrote about a relative that could figure certain things out but not others. She said something like it was interesting he could open up some files in his brain for some things and not for others. That is so true.....I'm always amazed at how I know how to do things but I can't do them. Like I know what has to be done, but I can't put the actions into an order to make it happen. Like getting a meal together sometimes. I know exactly what needs to be done, but I can't get there. Our brains are interesting parts of our body!!!

No comments: