Friday, April 28, 2006

Friends

I met an old friend for lunch this week. I've know her for about 10 years and we don't get together very often which is a shame. It had been about 8 or 9 months since we last saw each other and I was feeling pretty guilty about that. I hate that I let so much time slip by since we last saw each other. An occasional email and card were sent but it is so much better to get together. So this week we met and it was as if no time had passed at all. We picked up right where we left off and that is one of the great things about friends.

On the other hand, there are those friendships that you really have to work at. I'm not real sure why that is, but some take more effort than others. I've tried to evaluate whether those people are really friends or people that I know better than just acquaintances -- but I guess it doesn't really matter. If they are worth having in your life, they are worth working on.

Friends and family make the world go 'round -- don't forget that.

No comments: