Thursday, March 16, 2006

Life in the Fast Lane


Well, yesterday I had a "once in a lifetime experience". A professional group I still belong to had a "field trip" to Talladega Speedway in Alabama. Although I knew it was going to be a long day and it would take me awhile to recover I thought that it was really something I wanted to do. Not being a real fan of racing, I wasn't too sure about our excursion -- but it was great.

Talladega is much larger than I thought it was going to be and we got to ride around the track at 120 MPH! That was really awesome. The slope on the turns is 34 degrees and it felt pretty amazing. Now the real race car drivers go at 195 and they are just inches apart at times while racing --that is pretty scary to me. Considering there were only two cars on the track when I was on it and it was scary, I cannot imagine what that must feel like.

I guess I don't have the natural urge for the "need for speed".

No comments: