Monday, October 17, 2005

The Weekend

Well the Memory Walk is over. It was a great day weather wise and we are hopefully going to come close to our goal of $50,000. It will be close but we are keeping our fingers crossed. It was an exhausting day after setting up the night before, walking the 3 miles and tearing everything down after the walk. Luckily, we had a fraternity on the UGA campus helping us and they was a huge help. They are much younger than we are! Thanks again to everyone that donated to the cause!

But the walk took a toll on me. I was really tired and didn't have a good day today (Monday). I went out to run some errands but just got too confused -- partly I think because I was still tired. A good long nap this afternoon helped clear my fuzzy brain a little.

We are going to visit Alan on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it. I know it will be a hard trip for me but I need to see my son. It's been almost two months that he has been gone and it's time to see him. His birthday is Friday and I'm glad we will get a chance to be with him. It's kind of an insignificant number (22) but it's a birthday just the same. It's nice to be with family on your birthday. I really missed him on mine a week or so ago.

So, when we return I hope I have great things to tell you about the trip. I just have to pace myself and try not to get too tired. Although I've been to California a couple of times, it is still not that familiar to me to feel comfortable. At least I won't be alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris - I accidently left my 'comments' on the wrong page....so please see previous Blog page.

Love you!
Fran Hutto