Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The past week

My son and I just returned from seeing my family in Illinois. It is always a lot of fun and we laugh a lot. I needed that. I sometimes get the "giggles" and can't stop laughing. When my son starts to laugh that way it is really hard. We had a great time, but as usual, it is always nice to get home too. The trips take a lot more out of me now, because I tire so easily. And, of course, my routine gets shot to hell so that doesn't make it easier. But time with my family and friends is important and I need to do it when I can.

Tomorrow my son and I are going to Greenville SC to an Alzheimer's meeting. The lady that wrote the book "Learning to Speak Alzheimer's" is one of the speakers and her book is great -- I would recommend it to anyone dealing with this disease.

I have lots more to post but it will have to wait until another time.

No comments: