Saturday, February 19, 2005

Bad Days

I always tell people that I have "good days and bad days" -- and I realize that they don't really know what that means -- but it gets me through the question without a lot of conversation. But, yesterday -- I had a bad day and what that really means is:

1. I have an electric toothbrush and when I was brushing my teeth yesterday I couldn't remember how to turn the toothbrush off! It sounds funny now, but I just didn't have a clue. I ended up putting it in the kitchen sink because I was afraid if I put it on the counter that the vibration would knock it on the floor. So, I put it in the kitchen sink. I also couldn't remember where I was suppose to spit out the toothpaste -- so I went to the trash can and spit it out there. Later, I saw the toothbrush in the sink and thought "why is the toothbrush in the sink and it is turned on?" I picked it up and turned it off, cleaned it off and put it away.

2. I then had a dentist appointment. The day before I had broken my glasses and made an eye doctor's appointment to be sure my prescription was still the same before ordering new glasses. But the whole time I was at the denists getting my teeth cleaned I thought I was at the eye doctor's. I couldn't figure out why this lady was messing around with my mouth, when they should be looking at my eyes. It was obviously very confusing.

3. On the way home from the dentist there was an accident and all the traffic was stopped for a long time. I couldn't maneuver my way around it and couldn't make a u-turn because of the other traffic. So, I just sat with my engine idling. I noticed that a lot of people were turning off their engines to wait it out. I thought I would do the same, however, I thought to myself that if I turned the engine off, I wasn't sure I could remember how to turn the engine back on and then what would I do? I didn't want to call anyone and ask them because I just couldn't bring myself to do it, so I just sat with my car idling until the wreck was cleared up and then I was on my way home.

All these things happened in one morning...and that is a bad day.

No comments: