Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Retirement

So far, retirement is pretty good.  I love not having to get up in the morning and get dressed for work.  I still get up early out of habit, but it's nice to know that I don't have to.

I'm enjoying my peaceful time at home.  People keep asking me what I am doing to stay busy, because if you know me, you know that I am always doing something.  However, that has changed.  I'm not the same person anymore.  My personality has changed and of course my thought processes have changed as well.  I don't need to be busy every second of every day.  That is why I retired.....to have some time to be able to deal with life.  I honestly do not know how I worked every day -- I know I wasn't keeping up, but the energy it took was so exhausting.  I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped working. 

My life is different now.  It's hard for people to understand that about me.  But that is o.k., they don't have to. 

I do have a few projects I am working on and I have had to tell a lot of people "no", which I didn't used to do.  But I know my limits -- I can't do the things I used to do -- eventually others will figure this out as well.  I want to do as much as I can, but that is a lot different than what it used to be.

I have a lot of friends that are concerned about me in my retirement.  Right now I'm doing fine and it makes my happy that they care about me.

 

No comments: