Tuesday, March 02, 2004

The doctor's visit

I went to the doctor yesterday. I wasn't having a good day so I had a pretty good feeling that my "tests" weren't going to be real positive. And, they weren't. I didn't do very well on my mini mental test he gives me. It's very frustrating. I have to cut back on the hours I'm working. My husband went with me and we discussed my work situation and the possibility of how long I will be able to continue to work. It's getting much more difficult for me. I think we have pretty much come to the conclusion that my working days are limited. That's a hard thing to accept, but there comes a point where you have to embrace it....and I'm pretty close to that.

Sometimes I feel as if the disease is taking hold of my neck and choking me! I want to choke it right back!

When I got home last night I received a package from a friend of mine, Pody, in Illinois. It was a scarf that she had knitted for me. The funny thing about it is that if you knew Pody, the word knitting, would never be used in the same sentence as her name. However, she has taken up knitting and she sent me a sample of her work. I really love it and I love the fact that she thought to send it to me. Friends are great that way -- it seems like they are always there for me when I need them the most -- even when they live far away!

No comments: