Monday, February 02, 2004

Doctors

When I was in the hospital this weekend I had to put on my form "Alzheimer's" when they asked about current medical conditions. I'd never had to do that before and that is pretty weird. Anyway, when the doctor came in to see me he said "You have a little bit of early on set Alzheimer's going on, huh?" I said yes, and he said "Well, you look like its not bothering you too bad" or something to that affect. How does he know that from just looking at me for 5 seconds before he said it? I looked awful already -- no make up, didn't mess with my hair, had just gotten up in the morning and then he said that. Most doctors don't have a clue what you go through when you have Alzheimer's. Many Alzheimer's patients complain about people saying "you look great --you must be doing great". That really wears thin after awhile. I know they mean well and they don't know what to say. But......

As you can tell, I'm probably not having a good day.

No comments: